Friday, 7 August 2015

Foodie Fridays: My current obsession

I have a confession. I have fallen in love with one of nature's hidden gems. Yes I'm talking about the humble and healthy sweet potato. In particular, I have been obsessed with homemade sweet potato fries as not only are they absolutely delicious, they are also extremely easy and simple to make. It is the perfect combination of sweet and savoury. They are a healthy carbohydrate, densely packed with nutrients- the perfect side to any meal or great as a snack! Vegans rave on about nature's delights and honestly I can see why, if all natural food substances taste like these sugary caramelised angels then I am on board! Below are some of the ways I have been enjoying sweet potato this summer! 


Sweet potatoes contain a rich source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), a source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus. The benefits of sweet potatoes are endless!

Articles I viewed prior to publishing this post are available under the following links:
Youtubers who share my love for sweet potato: 
Seriously there should be a petition for 'recognition for the sweet potato' because it really is nature's hidden gem and it needs to be given more credit. Move over pizza and pasta, there's a new (and healthier) winner in town. Appalling jokes aside, if you have not yet tasted one, I promise you will fall in love when you give it a try! Post a photo of your sweet potato experience by tweeting me @Olivia_CA95 or let me know what you think of them in the comment section. Let's be honest, you can never have too much sweet potato in your life- especially when they are good for you!

- Olivia Charlotte Alice
xXx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading ! Xx

© Organically Olive. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig