Search This Blog

Saturday 30 September 2017

Cook With Me: Vegetarian Sweet Potato & Bean Chilli

Hi there you beautiful beings of the blog-o-sphere!

So today I wanted to share with you my recipe for a vegetarian chilli, which I recently cooked for my meat loving parents. Since moving back home, I've been testing out some of my favourite veggie dishes on my parents, and this one proved a hit with my mum. It's so simple and delicious, so obviously I had to share it with you all! Whether you are a fellow vegetarian like me, a vegan or a meat eater, you have to give this chilli a try! 

I followed a recipe by Jamie Oliver, but I improvised quite a bit (as I can never quite stick to the instructions when it comes to cooking). Please keep reading to see how to make this delicious dish for yourself...

Ingredients (serves 4-6 people)

2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 bunch of coriander, leaves picked and stalks chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
2 red capsicum and 1 yellow capsicum*, chopped
400g tin cannellini beans
400g tin tomatoes
Cooked rice, to serve
Guacamole, to serve (optional)

(I added an additional 400g tin of red kidney beans and used 4 shallots instead of 1 large onion)

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180°c. Toss the sweet potato with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch each of the cinnamon, cumin and paprika. Roast in the oven for 35–40 minutes, then set aside.

2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan and add the onion, coriander stalks, chilli and capsicums along with the remaining spices. Cook, stirring, over a low heat, for 15 minutes. Add the cannelloni beans with their liquid, and the tinned tomatoes. Stir, adding a splash of water to loosen, if needed. Simmer for 30 minutes, then stir in the sweet potatoes along with most of the coriander leaves. Season to taste, top with the rest of the coriander leaves. Serve with cooked rice & guacamole & doritos on the side.


For more information please click here:

Please do let me know in the comments below if you re-create this dish! 

Thanks for reading! 

Olivia Charlotte Alice
Xx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading ! Xx

© Organically Olive. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig